Thursday, February 01, 2007

Who said no one cares about Brisbane Bloggers?

So guys, who said no one cared about Brisbane Bloggers?

I don't know if many of you know this by I run Australian Car Advice & News Blog, pretty much a blog about cars, with the difference being that we actually get given cars to drive and review, pretty good for just a blog.

So when the 2007 Brisbane Motorshow started coming closer, I was interested to see if as a blog, we would get invited to go along as VIPs/Journalists. Getting to go the the motorshow is no big deal, tickets are only $16 for adults anyway, but that was besides the point!

It was a test to see if Bloggers were taken as serious journalists and if all the hard work that I and other bloggers had put into the car site had actually got us some proper recognition, and you know what? To my surprise (yes I was still surprised) we got invited to go along to the journalist day on Friday (2nd Feb).

If you take your blog seriously, it doesn't matter if your in New York or if you're in Brisbane, blogging has come a long way since its early days as dribbles of teenage angst. I think more than ever, cooperations are actually listening to bloggers as they know that traditional media is no longer the way of the future.

Anyway for those of you who love cars, I think this years motorshow is going to be one of the best, I will post a review of it tomorrow night!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats fantastic! I have been blogging for sometime and tragically, it started when I was a teenager, so there definately was some essence of teenage angst.

I have started to take my blog a bit more seriously with what little time I have after University. I hope to reach a degree of recognition as you have. I would very much like to know your website link to your blog!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty interesting how things are changing. But I guess if a blog or any website is getting the traffic and people trust it then the site is a valuable resource for that industry which can't be ignored and should get the benefits of the traffic it is sending out.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blogging is a great way of expressing your feelings and experiences. Brisbane residents have this great opportunity trough this blog http://www.ascotcatering.com.au

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Brisbane Shopfitters said...

Shop fitting (shopfitting) is the trade of fitting out retail and service shops and stores with equipment and merchandise. The trade applies to all kinds of outlets from a small corner shop to hypermarkets.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous grass brisbane said...

This seems to be a great site which offers lawn turf supplies, lawn turf grass, lawn turf suppliers,turf for lawns, grass brisbane, palmetto grass, varieties of grass, lawns grass, lawn & turf, lawn turf, turf lawn, turf suppliers etc. and I would surely like to try their service...I had been relying on http://www.hanceysturf.com.au earlier and they too offered good services.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars ipswich

5:11 PM  
Blogger North Coast Wreckers said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
Auto Parts Townsville

6:17 PM  
Blogger Cars Buyer said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
sell cars for cash

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home