Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What todo in Brisbane?

You know, I have been here for about 15 years now, yep, 15 years of pure brisbaneness. I have learnt one thing in that time. Brisbane isn't the most exciting City in the world. Nonetheless, I have been putting much energy in trying to gather some information in finding out what todo in Brisbane. In my own blog, Living in Brisbane I tried to focus a lot on reviewing Bars, Nightclubs, any venue that I thought people would find interesting. It worked well, I got lots of hits, I even had bars giving me bar tabs to come back and write a more... pleasant review. Nonetheless, I am still somewhat amazed as to how little of an online presence the Brisbane Social / Nightlife Scene really has.

Sure we have ourbrisbane.com and some other sites, but who ever really uses them? I can't for the life of me figure out how to use ourBrisbane.com half the time, its complicated, its too much information crammed into a little tiny space. I am not sure of the age group of the readers and contributors of this blog, so I am not sure if you are an outgoing bunch of 20/30 something year olds, or if you are all married with kids. Nevertheless, am I the only person who feels that way sometimes? That it's hard to find much about our beautiful city online? Before I joined this blog, I wasn't even aware of this many Brisbane Blogs in existence! So what are the resources you guys use to find information about Brisbane?

6 Comments:

Blogger Cyron said...

Hey Alborz, 'tis Ray from Whirlpool here. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking :)

As for helping out with your query, unfortunately I'm one of those married with child(ren) type, who was never much inclined to see the nightlife even when I was young and single.

I mostly tend to use ourbrisbane.com, though as you say, it bites the big one. Otherwise I rely on finding out about things happening through the places and interests I have. I find out about things happening that interest me from people I know who share the same interests, or on websites related to those interests, ie flickr and Whirlpool.

It's all fairly much a hit and miss afair...

12:50 PM  
Blogger jean said...

Welcome to BrisVegas Bloggers!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Sandra Davis said...

I have something to add to your to do list. Check out the Freestyle Comedy Factory at the Metro Arts. Very funny sketch and improvised comedy.

www.freestylecomedyfactory.com

10:46 AM  
Blogger apollyon said...

Thanks for the comment guys
Also nice to hear from you again Ray!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Beecham Motors said...

Did you know that ourbrisbane.com costs $5million dollars in the 5 years it has beenup and running? I think that's so shocking, come on guys, that's a million per year, good grief. Ihave plenty of brissie stuff on my site http://pattycam.net, just ask if you need anything although I am a mum at home, and not into nightlife and stuff. Cheers!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

heya, I am a vegas girl living in London but I used to use the ourbrisbane.com film search - it was excellent, the quickest way to find out what was screening where, and you could tailor it to search by which cinema or time or film you wanted. Other than that I stuck to the street press for listings! jen x

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home