Thursday, February 10, 2005

It's got me in its grip

Back in September, jean, the founder of this fine community blog went and did something that changed my life. She created the Brisbanites group on flickr, which, on a whim, I decided to join. Little did I know what was in store for me.

That group, as well as flickr itself, ignited a passion in me. Photography has now become an important part of my life, and has changed the way I do things. My camera is with me everywhere I go, and I find myself looking at things in different ways. Brisbane has almost been "reborn" in my mind, as I look at things I see everyday and see them in a new light. I become intent on capturing "the moment" and "the spirit". I find myself planning daytrips to various places, thinking of photos I want to take, and elements of the city I want to capture.

Of course, it's more than just Brisbane. Plants, animals, macro photography, builings, cars, whatever, it has all gained new life. Even a simple table becomes and item of wonder when looked at from a new angle.

So, a big and public thanks to jean from me!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home