Saturday, November 22, 2003

Reminisces on Brisbane Town

I feel a bit of a fraud as I don't live in Brisbane at the moment, but I'm a Brissy girl at heart really.

I've lived in so many places in Brisbane. There is nowhere else so fascinated with fireworks and you are sure to be sick of them if you ever live near South Bank. It's one of my favourite spots. Many a night (before the 24 hour security patrols) was spent dipping into our magic mushroom stash and walking the 2 blocks to the "beach". Swimming all night in every waterway imaginable (through the line was drawn at the boat canal - remember that) and returning to hear the siren of our alarms for the day ahead. Gondwanaland rainforest and crawling up the rocks, after hours it was like our own private backyard disturbed only by the occasional streaking teen. Floating before the city scape, rain spheres tangling in your eyelashes in the heat of the night will always be one of my fondest memories.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - some things never change

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home