Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Imagining Brisbane

I changed the banner images today, something I'll probably do regularly, and maybe archive the old ones on a separate page.

As you can see I've gone with the night-time economy theme - the valley (the "V" is for Volume!), the mall, the Judith Wright Centre (far left) and the glowing "P" of the Powerhouse entry walkway. All these things say Brisbane to me, but I know it's an idealised and marketized Brisbane too.

So, incoming members: I'd like to know more about your ideal Brisbane - maybe as a first post to introduce yourself you could post a couple of images and write something about your memories of Brisbane, your favourite haunts, what you love or hate about it, or even your opinion on how it has been rebranded as a "creative city" in the last few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home