Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Some notes towards an investigation of the nature of Brisbane

With a title like that, who needs to actually post?

I still do? OK.

I feel a little fradulent trying to write about Brisbane. I don't have a great deal to compare it against, growing up as I did in an even smaller city in New Zealand. I used to lurk on the fringes of the brisi-gothic subculture -- which should be enough to tell you that I'm strongly an indoors type. And Brisbane is nothing if not an outdoors city. Although I eventually decided I was too pink and corpulent to be a goth, I still mostly wear black. Well, dark grey.

I don't really dig the Brisbane music scene. George irritate me, and Powderfinger bore me. Decent venues for sub-cultural stuff are run by unpleasant types and are in any case too loud and hot.

It may be hard to tell from this, but I do love living here. And I feel guilty for doing so. Hmmm. I think I'm going to have to give this more thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home